Friday, April 4, 2008

Capitol Series : One



This is the Utah State Capitol Building from the East, near the hospitals I was mentioning earlier. It's design was chosen in a competition held in 1912 - You can find other history here. I quite like the small article, which includes a number of great photos, and this tidbit: In Legally Blonde 2: Red, White and Blonde the Utah State Capitol was used for exterior and interior shots of the U.S. Capitol. I didn't know that - can't say I've seen the movie, but still. That's cool.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great view ... and big changes around here too.
Wishing you a good weekend.

claude said...

Before to know your blog I thought to make a post about our differents trips accross Utah and SLC.

claude said...

Thanks Abby for your visit on my blog. I visited Red mountains and Colorado caynons in the South and the last time Zion Park and Brice Canyon. For that We stayed at Panguish Lake where we drove a quad. We went to Wyoming to Jackson Hole and drove back through Idaho Falls. We already went to Park City, Snowbird, Copper Mine, Silver Mine and to Wendover.My husband like particularly in Park City the Noname Saloon where we drink a beer every time we go over there. We like also the Cow-boy bar in Jackson Hole. We love America and we take an intesret for your next elections.

claude said...

Me again
I have forgotten. We visited Lake Powell too and to go back home we drove in Green Forrest.
We know your City : The capitole, Douglas Fort, Mormon Temple ...