Monday, April 14, 2008

Tulip Festival Two



The Thanksgiving Point Gardens are 10 distinct gardens with gorgeous expanses of perfectly groomed lawn and paths separating them. I found a virtual tour online, which should help you to understand the scope of the gardens themselves. I'm going to post photos over the next two weeks in the order that I tool them. This week, I'll post photos from the 2007 Festival, and next week I'll post from the Festival happening now. I'll post photos in the order that they were taken. You can take many different routes through the gardens, but with many children at my side as I took these photos, I took the most common route. I hope it will give you a pretty good idea what it would be like to walk through the gardens yourself.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great!

stromsjo said...

Ah, reminds me of the Sofiero Castle where I'll be visiting next week. It's a flowers' Mecka envisioned and created by a previous Swedish king.

claude said...

Very very beautiful !

Abby said...

Oh, just wait everyone. There's much better to come.

Bergson said...

i love your festival of colors