Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Another Beauty from Mother's backyard.

I can't remember how many times I've tried to grow Hollyhocks. I do remember the number of times I've succeeded, however. I've never been able to grow a Hollyhock. I don't remember whether or not my mother had beautiful gardens when I was a child however. It's very possible that her prowess in gardening came after rearing her children. I could be patient for that. . .because having great kids is a lot more important to me than my garden right now. I'll enjoy hers until my gardening time comes.

3 comments:

claude said...

Veru nice Abby !

Stanley said...

Yeah....gardening have been proven to be quite good therapy =)

Pasadena Adjacent said...

I grow them in my yard and they get very tall. The problem is rust which is unsightly on such large lovely leaves.